The MEV Exocet is MX5 based with an enormously improved power to weight ratio.
You have a choice of colours for the G=type bodywork (G is for geometric style).
It takes only 4 hours to remove the body shell, leaving what we call a “skate” ready to take the MEV chassis, no need to take out the engine, diff or gearbox or suspension. Over a million MX5’s have been sold since 1989, they have excellent dynamics and bullet proof reliability. You don’t see them in scrap yards so you can sell the parts you’re not going to use for more than it cost for the whole car! Opt for a 1.6 (115bhp), or 1.8 (131bhp). MK1 or MK2. Those with deeper pockets can use a MK3 MX5 with a 2.0 165 BHP engine. The best bargains are MOT failures in the autumn. Always lots on Ebay. The sale of the parts you don’t need can make a massive difference to the cost of your Exocet. MX5 spares are always in high demand but sell for higher prices in the spring and summer, they fetch more if removed, cleaned and have good photos.
Fully comprehensive kit £3295 plus VAT for MK1 and 2 donors (reduce the cost by approx. £650 if you sell all unwanted donor parts)
Fully comprehensive kit for MK3 donors £3995 plus VAT less decent money for parts off the donor that are not required for Exocet builds.
Your kit will come with a bespoke chassis with an integral roll bar and seat belt mounting points, alloy floor, front bulkhead panels and front folded centre tunnel (rear centre tunnel is part of the chassis), PVC side panels and rear bulkhead, GRP bonnet and nose and rear tank cover, 4 GRP cycle wings, 4 steel wing mounts, brake pipe, p clips, edge trim, bolt pack, to secure chassis to sub frames, and rivets for the floor. Expanded alloy front grille and a set of vinyl graphics and nose badge are also thrown in. Even self tap screws are included!
Optional Extras (exclude VAT)
- Powder coated chassis black gloss £295 other colours £345.
- Pair of colour matched GRP chassis side panels to replace PVC ones that are included as standard £198.
- Pair of colour matched GRP seats with steel frames bonded in for MX5 seat runners £249. (£199 without steel frames)
- Complete lighting set including Dominator high/low/side headlights, pair of LED front indicators, pair of LED side lights, LED rear indicators/stop/tail/reflectors (for wing mounting), LED fog & reverse lights, pair of stick on rear reflectors £249.
- Projector headlight upgrade to include 2 alloy E marked left dip units and 2 main units plus 2 LED side lights add £150 (excludes brackets)
- Fly screens (pair) £65.
- Dash pod (black or colour matched) £55.
- Harness bar (welded to chassis during manufacturing) £128.
- A roll bar is included in the standard kit price for track days, sprints and hill climbs.
- Stainless steel IVA OK rear silencer £199.
- Extra wide cycle wings for in built indicators £9 each extra. Standard wings are for up to 195 tyres, wide are for up to 235’s
- Alloy laser cut mount plates per pair for MX5 MKI radiator. £28.
- Alloy wiring tray with PVC lid. £59